Well year 8 was not easy..... it felt like she's 8 going on 18 all year long.... but luckily we had several moments where she behaved like an 8 year old which made me happy. No need to grow up too fast in my opinion.... the world isn't going anywhere that you can't go when it's time! Sigh.... We love her to pieces and can't believe she's grown so fast right before our eyes!
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
I can't say if it's a lack of effort or skill or both but I'm not a great writer. I started blogging to keep family and friends updated on the kids since many of them don't live close by. Then I started a blog page for me for things I wanted to share that were not related. Of course now you have Facebook and Twitter and Google+. It's impossible to keep up with all of it. I have a few friends on Tumblr though that have inspired me to try it out. It feels like a cross between my blog and twitter. I like that I don't have to write a lot there since it feels very abbreviated (at least to me). So.... check me out on Tumblr: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/anjanettew. I will likely keep stuff here too since I'm not ready to let go but you never know.... in six months there will be something new to try...
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
I am not the best mom... I would not qualify as "Mother of the Year" but once in a while I have a good idea. Technically the idea I had yesterday I got from a friend on FB six months ago but I finally seized the opportunity to make Banana Pancakes for the kids. I get tired of banana bread really fast... I think it's too dense and after awhile, I don't care for the banana flavor. We haven't been getting to the bananas fast enough lately so I had yet another batch of icky bananas to use this weekend. This morning I made banana pancakes with them... The boys, who eat very little fruit or vegetables, ate them just fine.... I feel like I tricked them! Heh heh....
Here's the recipe. I wouldn't normally post it but Steve thought it was a winner too:
Banana Buttermilk Pancakes
This recipe is a good way to use up bananas and want something a little different for breakfast or dinner. This recipe is adapted from an issue of Canadian Living magazine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas ( about 3)
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups sour milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- butter ( for frying)
- In a large bowl, sift or stir together flour, sugar and baking soda;
- Combine bananas, buttermilk, eggs and butter(I pureed it smooth in an immersion blender); stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt just enough butter over medium heat to coat the surface of the pan.
- Pour in about 3 tbsp of batter for each pancake; cook pancakes, in batches, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on one side or until tiny bubbles appear on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook the second side for about 1 minute or until golden.